I’ve never seen someone eat fewer calories and not lose weight.
I’ve never seen someone work out every day and not get stronger.
I’ve never seen someone walk 10,000 steps a day and not feel better.
I’ve never seen someone invest 20% of their paycheck and not build wealth.
“Well thank you, Captain Obvious,” right?
We humans tend to overcomplicate things, don’t we?
To lose weight, we must eat a complicated diet and track our “macros.”
To build wealth, we need to pick and choose winning stocks.
To build muscle, we need fancy gym equipment and work out two hours a day.
Wrong. It’s not true.
Life is way easier than that.
Don’t overcomplicate life
Life isn’t complicated. You just gotta do the work.
Fortunately, most of this stuff is simple, though not necessarily easy.
To lose weight, eat fewer calories. Simple, right? Sure. But it’s not so easy to stop yourself from capping off your lunch with those impossibly-delicious sea salt caramel-filled dark chocolate squares from Ghirardelli (so I’ve heard! 😁).
To build wealth, you gotta invest. Simple, right? Sure. But it’s not easy to pick and choose winning stocks.
And not all of us have two hours a day to work out, do we?
Here’s the truth: It is easy, but you gotta do it.
- To lose weight, eat fewer calories by resisting desserts and sugary processed foods. Keep desserts out of the house.
- To get stronger, lift weights for 45 minutes three to four days a week using basic gym equipment available at any gym (or your home gym).
- To build wealth, invest in index funds and ETFs without worrying about picking and choosing stocks.
- To feel better, walk more during the day by scheduling a walk at least four to five times a week. Aim for 8,000 daily steps.
- To improve your mood, get more sun during the day (it’s proven).
See? No special diets. No complicated investment strategies. No spending hours at an expensive big-box gym. No hacks, tricks, or secret formulas.
Challenge yourself to step back, think about what success means, and work backward to get there. Keep this shit simple because it is.
👉 Getting into shape doesn’t take complicated gym workouts. It takes you getting off your butt and going to the gym.
👉 Building wealth doesn’t require picking and choosing stocks. It takes you setting up an automated routine once a month to buy index funds or ETFs.
👉 Getting 8,000 steps a day won’t take hours to accomplish. An hour-long brisk walk will do it for most people.
The more we complicate life, the harder it becomes. Stop doing that.
Life is simple once we start doing the work.
Until next week,